We're happy to announce that openATTIC version 2.0.3 beta has now been released!
We're trying to stick to the core mantra of Open Source, by releasing early and often. We intend to establish a cadence of publishing a new release build roughly every 5-6 weeks. For the impatient, we also provide nightly builds that contain all changes that have been committed into the development branch and have passed the test suites.
One notable highlight in the 2.0.3 release is the inclusion of some additional Ceph support in the Web UI: it is now possible to review the CRUSH map and perform some basic editing of the Ceph cluster layout (replication rules, placements) this way. We're very eager on receiving feedback on this functionality, as it's currently still under development.
We've also made some progress in adding DRBD support to the openATTIC RESTful API - it's now possible to create and delete mirrored volumes. However, web UI support and a method to resize existing mirrored volumes is still in the works - we hope to deliver these missing pieces with the next release.
In addition to these new features, we fixed several bugs and usability issues. We also added numerous additional tests to the API and UI test suites.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
We hope you will give this new version a try. Please note that this is still a beta version - handle with care and make sure to create backups of your data.
Here's a more detailed changelog - the OP codes in brackets refer to individual Jira issues that provide additional details on each item. You can review these on our public Jira instance.
- API/Backend: Created DRBD REST-API that supports creating and deleting mirrored volumes (OP-216).
- Web UI: Merged the Ceph Enterprise UI components (CRUSH map editing) into the main repo (OP-675).
- Web UI: The openATTIC login screen now automatically places the input focus on the username input field, adjusted the login icon width (OP-688, OP-689)
- Web UI: Created E2E tests for login with new created user account (OP-629), extended and added numerous additional E2E tests.
- Web UI: Clicking the Delete button with no host selected no longer triggers a delete action (OP-683)
- Installation: Fixed lots of "user/group does not exist" warnings that ocurred when installing the EL7 RPMs (OP-536)
- Installation: Moved log files into /var/log/openattic and created a logrotate.conf file (OP-660, OP-661)
- Installation: Removed /var/log/openattic_vgmanager from the Debian packages (OP-663)
- Installation: Fixed RPM dependencies: all modules depend on "openattic-base" now, removed openattic-base dependency from the "openattic" meta package.
- Documentation: Updated the installation and development system setup chapters.